TO ARRANGE A FUNERAL CEREMONY PLEASE CONTACT THE PARISH OFFICE FROM OUR CONTACT US PAGE.
TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN BEREAVED
Please know that your sorrow and grief is shared by the whole Parish Family. We wish to support you in every way possible.
We will also pray for you and with you.
There are two ceremonies in the Church:
1. Reception at the Church
This is a ceremony of prayers, readings and hymns.
2. Funeral Mass
The Funeral Mass has a clear message of hope. We will provide you with a selection of Bible readings to choose from. Pick those that have special meaning for you. If possible and they feel able, some family members may like to do the readings. This provides a wonderful opportunity for bereaved to share in the celebration of the life of the deceased loved one. However, it is no problem if this is too difficult, feel free to ask a friend of the family or a neighbour as an alternative.
ORDER OF SERVICE
What to choose:
1. An Old Testament reading.
2. A New Testament reading.
3. Prayers of the Faithful (4 or 5, also a good opportunity to have extended family and friends contribute)
4. Offertory: Bread and Wine only
(Personal gifts that reflect the life of your loved one may be brought to the Altar at the beginning of the Mass)
5. Communion reflection (A few words to remind us of all our good memories of the deceased)
6. Music: All music chosen should be appropriate to a religious ceremony following the guidelines for Music in the Church.
When Mass is completed, removal to the final resting place.