Sunday, 8th September 2019
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the soul of Nora Wiseman whose funeral will take place in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown on Monday at 11 am.
We remember the bereaved in our prayers.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 710.00
Envelopes: Stamullen € 435.00
Julianstown: € 285.00
Sacraments in the Parish: Baptism
This weekend we welcome in Baptism: Amelia Farrell, Tymon Schutzmann, James Stone and Cara Wolfe. May all newly baptised children always know and love Jesus as their friend.
We ask parishioners to pray for these children and their family.
- Adoration will resume in Stamullen on Thursday, September 12thfollowing 10 am Mass. Anyone wishing to join us for any hour or part of an hour would be very welcome. Contact Teresa on 087-6757581 or Sheila on 086-058580.
- Adoration continues in Julianstown on Wednesdays from 9 am until 10 am Mass for the Summer months. If you would like to add your name in Julianstown, please contact Josephine on 086-8148722.
- Childrens Liturgy returnsin Julianstown this Sunday, 8th and will run every Sunday during school term time. The group is voluntarily run by a group of parents and all children are welcome to attend.
- Children’s Liturgy has returned to Stamullen. Children are welcome to pop in any Sunday. If you wish to help any Sunday please contact a member of the Children’s Liturgy Team.
Ireland’s Biggest Coffee Morning
Join us in Whyte’s of Stamullen or The Lime Kiln, Julianstown on Thursday, 19th September from 10 am to 12:30 pm. Admission €5. All proceeds in aid of East Meath Hospice Association.
Why not come along, bring a friend, and be part of Ireland’s Biggest Coffee morning.
Bellewstown Coffee Morning
Thanks to all who supported the Coffee morning in Bellewstown recently in aid of Persecuted Christians.
To those who were unable to attend, thank you for your generous donations. To the ladies who willingly helped on the day, your help was much appreciated.
€1,000 is being sent to Fr. Ibrahim OFM, a Franciscan priest in Aleppo and €1,000 is being forwarded to the Persecuted Christians in Iraq.
Stamullen Road Club
Road cyclists are now taking a well-earned break and it’s time for the cyclo-cross members to take to the fields with the first events taking place over the weekend in Belfast. Full details next week.
Great Dublin Bike Ride: Sunday morning, 29th September, departing at 8 am from Phoenix Park, Dublin. Stamullen Road Club Members & volunteers/helpers are providing stewards covering the area from Rathbeale, Ballyboughal, Wespalstown, Grallagh, Springhill, Naul, Snowtown, Gilligans Cross, Greenanstown, Fenor, Ardcath & Garristown. The response for assistance has been very good, and if you feel you could lend a hand, please contact any club member. Thanks.
If you would like to join Stamullen Choir, why not come along to rehearsal night any Monday from 8-9:15 pm in Stamullen Church. New members are very welcome.
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
- Junior ‘B’ FootballChampionship Preliminary Quarter Final Play Off on Saturday evening the 7th September @ 5.30pm in Ardcath. St Patricks v Duleek / Bellewstown
- Under 15 Football League Div. 1 shall take place on Sunday 8th September @ 11am @ GAA Grounds Stamullen. St Patricks v St Colmcilles
- Senior Football Championship shall place on Sunday 8th September @ 5.30pm in Donore GAA Grounds. St Patricks v O’ Mahony’s.
- St.Patrick’s are hosting Senior Football Championship on Sunday 8th September at GAA Grounds Stamullen at 2pm. St. Colmcille’s v Curraha.
- 5.Under 15 Girls Football League shall take place on Sunday 8thSeptember @ GAA Grounds Stamullen at 3pm. St. Patrick’s v Oldcastle.
- Under 13 Girls Div. 7 Football League shall take place on Monday evening the 9th September @ 7pm @ GAA Grounds Stamullen. St.Patrick’s v St Colmcille’s.
- Under 13 Hurling League Div. 3. Shall take place on Wednesday evening the 11th September @ 6.30pm @ GAA Grounds Stamullen.St Patricks / St Colmcilles v Boardsmill.
- Hurling Championship Quarter Final (Adults) shall take place on Friday evening the 13thSeptember in Ashbourne at 7.45pm. St Patrick’s v Ratoath.
- Join us for Bingo in the Club at 8 pm every Sunday.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 03/09/2019. Numbers drawn:10,20,22,27. No Winner. Weekly Winners: Mick Rowe, Anita Collins, Jennifer Bonney, Eileen Reilly, Pat McCormack. Next Week’s Jackpot: €5,800.
East Meath Active Retirement
East Meath Active Retirement will resume their weekly meeting on Thursday, 12th September in the Meeting Rooms St. Mary’s, Church of Ireland, Julianstown at 2.30 pm. New Members welcome.
Clean Coasts ‘Big Beach Clean Up’
A beach clean-up will take place in Gormanston on Saturday, 21st September at 10am as part of An Taisce’s Clean Coast’s Big Beach Clean campaign.
Meeting point is at the Delvin River viaduct. Last year over 190 beach cleans around Ireland took place as part of this campaign, engaging 3,652 volunteers who removed over 32 tonnes of marine litter. An Taisce is also encouraging road clean-ups during this weekend.
Anam Cara North Dublin, the organisation that supports bereaved parents, is holding a Parent Evening for bereaved parents on Wednesday 18th September at 7:20pm in the Carnegie Court Hotel, Swords, Co. Dublin. This event is free and open to all bereaved parents regardless of the age your child died, the circumstances of their death, or whether their death was recent or not. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 085-2888888 for any queries.
Stamullen Bowls Club
Stamullen Bowls has returned. Why not come along any Tuesday or Thursday from 8 to 10 pm to St. Patrick’s GAA Centre and see if bowls is for you..?
Stamullen is proud to have a very successful club and we look forward to meeting new members….For more information contact Rose on 01-8412086.
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 7th 6:00 pm William & Agnes Russell
Sunday, 8th 10:00 am Thomas Noel Masterson (1 Ann)
Tuesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Thursday 10:00 am The Holy Name of Mary
Saturday, 14th 6:00 pm Shayna Gifford
Jim Byrne (1 Ann)
Sunday, 15th 10:00 am Patsy & Margaret Clarkin
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 7th 7:00 pm Celebrant’s Intention
Sunday, 8th 11:30 am People of the Parish
Wednesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Friday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Saturday, 14th 7:00 pm Kevin & Rose Reid
Gerry & Bridie Draper
Patrick Hughes (32 Ann)
Sunday, 15th 11:30 am Jimmy & Hilda McGuinness