Sunday, 9th December 2018
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of Ann Berrill, whose funeral took place in the parish during the week and Freda Ryan, whose funeral takes place in St Patrick’s Church, Stamullen on Sunday morning. We remember the bereaved in our prayers.
Sacraments in the Parish: Baptism
This weekend we welcome in Baptism: Flynn Gilsenan, Moira O’Kelly and Aoibhe Rooney. May these newly baptised children always know and love Jesus as their friend. We ask parishioners to pray for these children and their families.
- Confessions: There will be an opportunity for Confession after 10 am Mass in Stamullen on Thursday, 20thand Julianstown on Friday 21st December until 10:45 am on both days.
- Christmas Eve: Family Masses will take place at 4:30 pm in Stamullen and 6:30pm in Julianstown.
- Vigil Mass: Vigil Mass will take place at 9pm in Stamullen.
- Christmas Day:Masses will take place at 10 am in Stamullen and 11:30 am in Julianstown.
- If you wish to book a Mass intention for Christmas or the New Year. Please contact the parish office to ensure Intention is printed in the Newsletter.
Fund Raising Committee: Bingo
Sincere thanks to all who supported our Parish Fund raising Christmas Bingo during the week. It was a great success and a great night was had by all.
We would like to thank all who donated prizes for the raffle including: Clarke’s Fruit Farm, City North Hotel, McLoughlins Oil, O’Connors Pharmacy, Whyte’s of Stamullen, and individual parishioners for their donations.
Finally, thanks to the management and staff of the City North Hotel, Dave Morgan our bingo caller, Joe Tevlin, and all who helped out on the night. Sincere thanks to all!
Advent is time of spiritual preparation as we welcome the coming of Christ.
An Advent prayer service will continue on Wednesday, 12th December at 7:30 pm in Stamullen Church. The service will be loosely based on Taize prayer around the cross and will be presented by Miriam Doran. Everyone welcome.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 725.00
Weekly envelopes: Stamullen € 330.00
Julianstown € 355.00
St. Paul’s Missals
We have a limited number of St. Paul’s Missals available for sale in the Sacristies and the Parish Office. The cost of a Missal is €7 again this year.
A selection of Christmas Day Mass Cards are available for sale at €2 each from the sacristies and the Parish office.
Weekly Envelopes 2019
The new boxes for 2019 will be distributed shortly. Thanks to all who contribute each week. Thanks also to all involved in delivering them.
If you are an existing contributor and you do not received your box by the New Year, or if you you would to receive a box, please contact the parish office.
St. VdeP Giving Tree
We invite parishioners to leave new, unwrapped gifts for children and adults under the tree during mass times. All gifts collected will be distributed locally.
- Children are invited to bring a decoration from home to place on the tree during the 10 am Mass in St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen next Sunday, 23rd
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
Please check our Facebook page for information.
Stamullen Tidy Towns
Urgent message from The North Pole: Mrs. Clause has just been on to confirm that Santa has found time in his busy schedule to stop off in Stamullen. He will arrive at 5pm on Sunday the 9th December to switch on the Christmas lights and village display. While here he will sing a few carols and is looking for help from the children with this. Afterwards he will distribute presents from Whyte’s pub to all the good boys and girls of Stamullen. A small charge of €2 per child or maximum of €5 per family will apply to help with costs. Looking forward to seeing everyone there on Sunday evening.
Julianstown & District Community Assoc., & The Lime Kiln
Julianstown Residents, and especially our Younger Residents, are invited to meet Santa, Mrs. Claus and the Elves who will be calling to The Lime Kiln on Tuesday, 11th December at 6.30 pm. Wrap up warm and watch Santa arrive on his little red vintage tractor! Mornington Gospel Choir will get things rolling with Christmas Carols. Raffle on the night. Admission: donation towards 2019 projects for Julianstown Village.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 06/12/2018. Numbers drawn:3,8,19,24. No Winner. Weekly Winners: Mya McGuinness, Paul McGuinness, Ciaran McDonnell, Martin Sweeney, Aoife Johnson. Next Week’s Jackpot: €2,100.
Stamullen Art Group
Stamullen Art group would like to thank all who called in and supported their Exhibition and craft sale last weekend. Congratulations to the Raffle prize winners – Anne Sarsfield 1st Prize: Hamper, John Smith 2nd Price: Pamper Hamper and Celine Cash 3rd Prize: Jewellery, and to all other prize winners.
Stamullen Road Club
- The club members wish to say a very big thank you for the wonderful support given at last Friday night’s Christmas Poker Classic in Whyte’s, Stamullen. Although Gaybo was badly, badly missed, and forever will be, there was a brilliant turn out with a full house of players plus a great raffle on the night. It’s unfair in a way to single out people, but on this occasion we would like to mention, Brendan Battersby for supplying all the food, Pat Fogarty for acting Commissaire and Kathleen Gough for looking after the raffle on the night. A lot of people brought prizes for the raffle and others who could not make it on the night, supported the club. Please accept our thanks to one and all.
The winner on the night was Paudge Howard, 2nd Pat Fogarty, 3rd Carmel Finnegan plus other finalists, Cepta Moss, Tommy McDonnell, Frankie Lynch and Denis Craven.
- Christmas Draw tickets @ €2 each or book of threefor €5, are selling well and we appreciate the generosity of our local business people for allowing their premises as a sales outlet, Dee’s Barbers, Shane Curran, Butcher, Centra Supermarket, LaunderLand and Kay’s Stores in Greenanstown. Tickets are also available in Whyte’s Bar/Restaurant and from any club member. Draw takes place in Whyte’s on Saturday, 22nd December.
East Meath Cardiac Response Unit
The local East Meath Cardiac First Responder Unit will hold a church gate collection this weekend outside both churches.
Malta Service Church Gate Collection
The Malta Service in Drogheda, which provides supports and services for people with intellectual disabilities in the area, is holding their annual Church Gate collection next weekend 15th and 16th December. Your support would be very much appreciated.
Gormanston PA Bake Sale
Bake Sale in Gormanston Castle, Saturday December 8th from 11am to 3pm hosted by Gormanston College Parents Association, Please come along and support us we will have, cakes, jams, hot beverage stall,book stall and mini raffle (if you would like to donate items for the day contact Noreen on 086-3191435). We look forward to seeing you all.
A Carol of Bridges
The students and teachers of Our Lady’s College, Greenhills will present A Carol of Bridges, an evening of music and reflection at Christmas to be held on December 19th at 8pm in the Augustinian church.
Free basic iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet Class starting in St. Patrick’s GAA Centre on Friday 11th January 2019 from 10 am to 12 pm. If you would like to book as place please call Angela on 046-9280790.
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 8th 6:00 pm People of the Parish
Sunday, 9th 10:00 am Madeleine Whyte
Tuesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intentions
Thursday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intentions
Saturday, 15th 6:00 pm Marie McWalter
John, Peggy & Edward Nealon
Sunday, 16th 10:00 am Yvonne Dunne (MM)
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 8th 7:00 pm Christine Larkin (MM)
Brendan & Margaret Fagan
Tom Martin (1 Ann) and Patrick, Elizabeth, Tony,
Michael & Josie Monaghan
Sunday, 9th 11:30 am Tom & Teasie Boshell
Margaret McHugh (19 Ann)
Wednesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intentions
Friday 10:00 am
Saturday, 15th 7:00 pm Lou Courtney (MM)
Patrick, Michael & Mary Boshell, Sean Tracy
and Anthony Byrne
Alfie & Mary Cooney
Sunday, 16th 11:30 am Vera Rafferty
Patrick & Josephine Hughes