First Sunday of Lent 2022
Everyone is Invited!
A Synod has been called by Pope Francis in order to listen to the living voice of the entire People of God. Everyone has their own experience of following Christ, parents, parents with young families, grandparents, young people who are working, in school or college, those married or single. Whether you feel distant or close to what is happening in your parish, you are invited to join in discussion and prayer to discern where the Spirit is leading the Church.
This will be happening in every parish in the world. People from the parishes in our area will meet in Mornington Church on each Tuesday of Lent and you are welcome to come to whichever Tuesday night suits you. In an attempt to spread the attendance over the course of Lent, we are inviting different groups on a different night but, as all meetings will be similar, it doesn’t matter which date you choose.
- Tuesday 8th March: All involved in the liturgical life of the parishes (e.g. Readers, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, choir members, organists, stewards/collectors, sacristans, etc.)
- Tuesday 15th March: All involved in the administration of parish life (e.g. parish staff, members of Parish Pastoral Councils, members of Parish Finance Committees, members of Baptism Teams, Safeguarding Representatives, counters, etc.)
- Tuesday 22nd March: All involved in prayer and apostolic groups (e.g. Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Legion of Mary, Pioneer Association, Apostolate of Eucharistic Adoration, Teams of Our Lady, Meals-on-Wheels, etc.)
- Tuesday 29th March: All involved in schools (e.g. pupils/students, teachers and school staff, members of parents’ association, members of BOMs, etc.)
St. Patrick’s Day Mass & Blessing of Graves
We are delighted to advise that Blessing of Graves in Stamullen Cemetery will take place on St. Patrick’s Day, 17th March after 10 am Mass.
It has been suggested that we review the time of the Stamullen mass and Blessing of Graves on St. Patrick’s Day.
Your comments regarding the present Mass time for the St. Patrick’s Day Mass and Cemetery devotions are welcome.
Please contact the Graveyard Committee, and the parish via e-mail, at email@example.com to let us know your thoughts.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 780.00
Envelopes: Stamullen € 490.00
Julianstown € 305.00
Thank you for your continued support which is very much appreciated.
Trócaire Boxes are available beside Newsletters in both Churches.
If you wish to contribute to the church by bank transfer, our account details are:
IBAN: IE85 BOFI 9035 4175 3568 29
Please state your name in the Reference for the Transfer.
- Cheques: For accurate lodgement purposes, as per bank instructions, please ensure cheques are made payable to Stamullen Julianstown Parish.
Parish Flower Society Annual Collections
The Stamullen and Julianstown Flower Societies will hold their Annual collection on the weekend of 19th and 20th March.
All donations are used to provide flowers our parish churches through the year.
Huge thanks to both our flower societies for the way they keep our sanctuaries so special.
St. Patricks GFHC Lotto
Jackpot: €1,800. Drawn on 1st March. Numbers Drawn: 12, 23, 26, 29. No Jackpot Winner. No Match 3 winners. Next Week’s Jackpot: €1,900.
Meath Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes
Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes will take place from 12th to 17th September 2022 led by Bishop Deenihan.
Booking forms available from Joe Walsh Tours, 69, O’Connell St, Dublin 1. Tel: 01-2410800.
The pilgrimage this year will be for Hotel Pilgrims only.
Some suggestions for Lent
Abstain from meat or some other food;
Abstain from alcoholic drink or smoking;
Make a special effort at involvement in family prayer;
Make a special effort to participate in Mass on Fridays;
Visit the Blessed Sacrament;
Make the Stations of the Cross;
Fast from all food for a longer period than usual and perhaps giving what is saved to the needy;
Help the poor, sick, old or lonely.
Saturday, 5th March
St. Patrick’s 6:00 pm AV. Oliver Smyth
- John & Bridget Maguire, Noeleen Dennehy and baby Noah
St. Mary’s 7:00 pm AV. Seamus & Molly Rothwell
St. Patrick’s 10:00 am BR. George Ryan
St. Mary’s 11:30 am AV. Martin, Rose & Seamus Rowley
- Freda Delany (1st)
Tuesday St. Patrick’s: 10:00 am RD. Edward Moss
- Andrew Phelan
Wednesday St. Mary’s: 10:00 am RD. Patrick Wall
Thursday St. Patrick’s: 10:00 am BR. Fr. Michael V. Daly
- Eileen Geraghty
Friday St. Mary’s 10:00 am People of Ukraine
St. Patrick’s 6:00 pm AV. Mary McGuinness
St. Mary’s 7:00 pm
St. Patrick’s 10:00 am AV. Fr. Michael V. Daly (1st Ann)
- Patrick Wall
- Tommy & Kathleen O’Connor
St. Mary’s 11:30 am AV. Ellie & Anthony Haran
- Tom Stack