Sunday, 13th January 2019
Whitecross NS News
We are pleased to announce that building of the new Whitecross school will start on Monday, 14th January. This building project has two phases:
- Phase one starts on the 14thJanuary and involves the construction of temporary prefabs on the site between the existing school building and St. Mary’s Church. It is estimated that this will take up to 12 weeks to complete.
- Phase two commences in April 2019. The existing school building and the older prefabs are vacated and the constructionof the new permanent building begins. The expected completion date for the new School is September 2020
Permission had been given to the staff to park in St. Mary’s Church car park.
Access to the school will only be from the front of the school. The footpath from St. Mary’s church to the school will be closed.
First Friday Calls
- First Friday calls will resume on Friday 1st
- If you know of anyone in the parish who would welcome a visit from Declan, please contact the parish office to include them on the list.
- If you know of any parishioners in hospital who would appreciate a visit from Fr. Declan, please let us know.
Sacraments in the Parish: Baptism
This weekend we welcome in Baptism: Amirah Campbell. May all newly baptised children always know and love Jesus as their friend. We ask parishioners to pray for Amirah and her family.
School Ceremonies in the Parish 2019
- Children from Patrick’s School will enrol at their first DTIM Mass on Saturday 12thJanuary at 7 pm in St. Mary’s Church Julianstown.
- Saturday, 2ndFebruary – Patrick’s NS Mass will take place at 6 pm in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS Mass will take place at 7 pm in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
- Saturday, 30thMarch, Patrick’s NS Mass will take place at 6 pm in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS Mass will take place at 7 pm in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
- Sunday, 23rdJune, Corpus Christi: St. Patrick’s NS will join the congregation at 10 am in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS join the congregation at 11:30 am Mass in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
First Confessions will take place on Tuesday, 5th February for St. Patrick’s NS and on Tuesday, 12th February for Whitecross School.
First Communion Ceremonies will take place on Saturday, 11th May for St. Patrick’s NS and Saturday, 18th May for Whitecross NS.
Confirmation Ceremonies will take place in the parish on Wednesday, 20th March 2019 at 11 am for St. Patrick’s NS and at 3 pm for Whitecross NS.
Ceremonies of Light will take place on Thursday, 7th February at 7 pm for St. Patrick’s NS and on Wednesday, 13th February for Whitecross School.
We ask parishioners to pray for these, and all children from our parish, as they prepare for these very important steps in their faith journey.
All are welcome to Adoration of the most Blessed Sacrament:
- In Stamullen after10 am Mass every Thursday until 5pm. (If you wish to add your name to the list, please contact Teresa on 087-6757581 or Sheila on 086-058580.)
- In Julianstown on Wednesdays from 9 am and after 10 am Mass. (Contact Josephine if you wish to add your name to the list)
St. Paul’s Missals
- We have a small number of St. Paul’s Missals available for sale in the Sacristies and the Parish Office. The cost of a Missal is €7 again this year.
Fund Raising Committee – Ten Week Draw
The Annual Ten Week Draw will commence on Sunday, 16th February. Promoters are advised Draw Cards will be available from Monday, 27th January. We would like to sincerely thank all our promoters and their contributors for their participation each year.
Meath Diocesan Pilgrimage to Holy Land 2019
Bishop Deenihan will lead the 2019 Meath Diocesan Pilgrimage to the Holy Land from November 4th to 12th. Full details will be available shortly. Enquiries to MAP Travel at 01-8783111 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Gerry MacCormack at email@example.com 042 9667314. (See Posters on noticeboards).
Diocesan Mission Team Formation
The formation of a new Mission Team in the Diocese of Meath is being explored. It’s aim will be to promote and foster mission awareness at home and overseas.
Interested parishioners are invited and welcome to attend a meeting on Tuesday 22nd January at 7.30 pm at the Columban Missionaries in Dalgan Navan. Enquiries to Fr Tony Gavin at 0906481951/087-4136270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is now open for the Priory Institute Spring Semester of studies, beginning on 2nd March 2019. Check their Website: www.priorynstitute.com, Email: email@example.com or Tel: 01-4048124.
Why not come along and join us on Monday mornings from 11am to 1pm in the Parish Centre, Stamullen for tea/coffee and good company. All very welcome.
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
Please check our Facebook page for information.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Tuesday, 8th January. Numbers drawn: 5,9,22,27. Weekly Winners: Kevin Reilly, Pat Vickers, George Marry, Mary Flood, Gerry Scully. Next week’s Jackpot: € 2,400.
Stamullen Road Club
Check out next week’s Newsletter for Cycling News.
Free basic iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet Class starting in St. Patrick’s GAA Centre on Friday 11th January 2019 from 10 am to 12 pm. If you would like to book as place please call Angela on 046-9280790.
The opportunity to give blood will arise at Scoil Oilibheir Naofa, Bettystown on Thursday, 17th January 2019 from 5 – 8:30 pm. (Please bring ID with you on the night).
It is important to remember that many patients in hospitals need our blood and this need never ceases.
For further information contact local IBTS Office on 041-8659994.
Stamullen Bowls Club
Why not come along any Tuesday or Thursday from 8 to 10 pm to St. Patrick’s GAA Centre and see if bowls is for you..? Stamullen is proud to have a very successful club and we look forward to meeting new members….For more information contact Rose on 01-8412086.
Stamullen Tidy Towns
Clean up continues every Saturday morning. Why not join us and help us improve our village … we meet every Saturday at Stamullen Church at 11 am.
Colaiste na hInse
TY students are putting on a musical “We will rock you” from Wednesday, 16th January to Saturday 19th January at 7.30 pm. Tickets from school or Eventbrite.
Third Level Course Information Morning @ DkIT
Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT) is holding its annual Course and CAO Information morning on Saturday 19th January between 10 am and 1 pm. The Course information morning is an opportunity for prospective students to find out more information on courses in DkIT as well as getting help and assistance with filling in their CAO application form. For more information please visit www.dkit.ie/opendays.
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 12th 6:00 pm Una Smyth ( 1 Ann)
Sunday, 13th 10:00 am Ann McKenna
Tuesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intentions
Thursday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intentions
Saturday, 19th 6:00 pm Martin Byrne
Sunday, 20th 10:00 am Seamus Mooney
and deceased members of the Mooney family
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 12th 7:00 pm DTIM: Pupils from First Communion classes from
St. Patrick’s NS will enrol for First Communion
James & Mary Brennan,
their son Gerry and son-in-law John Sullivan
Patricia & Anne Marie O’Rourke
Sunday, 13th 11:30 am Kathy & Nicky Byrne
Wednesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Friday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Saturday, 19th 7:00 pm Andy McCormack and deceased members of the McCormack & Kennedy famlilies
Sunday, 20th 11:30 am Pat & Mary Boshell
John, Marie, Miriam & Frank Woods