Sunday, 6th January 2019
- If you wish to book a Mass please contact the parish office in plenty of time as only threefamilies’ intentions are accepted for each weekend Mass. (With the exception of a Month’s Mind Mass, when a fourth family can be added if necessary).
- Please remember Funeral Masses, when they occur, will replace the Mass of the day.
- On Sunday, Funerals will take place at the usual Mass times. Funerals therefore willtake place at 10 am in Stamullen and 11:30 am in Julianstown (on a Sunday)
- Only one Mass Intention can be taken for 10 am weekday Masses.
Weekly Envelopes 2019
- The new boxes for 2019 have been Thanks to all involved in delivering them.
- Thanks to all who contribute each week.
- If you are an existing contributor and you have not received your box, or if you you would like to receive a box, please contact the parish office.
- We would also like to thank all who contribute by means of Standing Order.
- If parishioners prefer, donations can be made electronically using the following: IBAN IE85BOFI90354175356829 and BIC BOFIIE2D.
- Please remember cheques must be made payable to Stamullen Julianstown Parish, otherwise the bank will return them.
First Friday Calls
- First Friday calls will resume on Friday 1st February.
- If you know of anyone in the parish who would welcome a visit by Fr. Declan, please contact the parish office to include them on the list.
- If you know of any parishioners in hospital who would appreciate a visit from Fr. Declan, please let us know.
School Ceremonies in the Parish 2019
- Children from Patrick’s School will enrol at their first DTIM Mass on Saturday 12thJanuary at 7 pm in St. Mary’s Church Julianstown.
- Saturday, 2ndFebruary – Patrick’s NS Mass will take place at 6 pm in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS Mass will take place at 7 pm in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
- Saturday, 30thMarch, Patrick’s NS Mass will take place at 6 pm in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS Mass will take place at 7 pm in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
- Sunday, 23rdJune, Corpus Christi: St. Patrick’s NS will join the congregation at 10 am in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS join the congregation at 11:30 am Mass in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
First Confessions will take place on Tuesday, 5th February for St. Patrick’s NS and on Tuesday, 12th February for Whitecross School
First Communion Ceremonies will take place on Saturday, 11th May for St. Patrick’s NS and Saturday, 18th May for Whitecross NS.
Confirmation Ceremonies will take place in the parish on Wednesday, 20th March 2019 at 11 am for St. Patrick’s NS and at 3 pm for Whitecross NS.
Ceremonies of Light will take place on Thursday, 7th February at 7 pm for St. Patrick’s NS and on Wednesday, 13th February for Whitecross School.
We ask parishioners to pray for these, and all children from our parish, as they prepare for these very important steps in their faith journey.
- Stamullen Adoration will return on Thursday, 10th
St. Paul’s Missals
- We have a small number of St. Paul’s Missals available for sale in the Sacristies and the Parish Office. The cost of a Missal is €7 again this year.
St. VdeP Giving Tree
The local St. Vincent dePaul Society would like to sincerely thank all who donated towards hampers of food and Christmas goodies in Whitecross School and gifts under the trees in both Julianstown and Stamullen Churches and in St. Patrick’s School. Thanks to the staff in both schools for arranging these collections. All items were collected and distributed locally in time for Christmas.
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
Please check our Facebook page for information.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
The next draw will take place on Tuesday, 8th January. Jackpot: € 2,300.
Stamullen Road Club
Stamullen Road Club members wish to thank so many people for the wonderful support given to their recent Christmas Draw. Brendan Battersby & Staff in Whyte’s for arranging this and donating all profits to the club, the whole community for supporting the draw, ticket outlets, Shane’s Butcher’s, Centra Supermarket, Dee’s Barbers, Kay’s Stores in Greenanstown, LaunderLand in Stamullen and the many, many people who called to the house for tickets and finally thanks to Mary Davitt and Cepta Moss for their work for the club on the night of the draw. Thanks to each and every one of you. Appreciated.
- 1.Peg Lally (Stamullen), 2. Fiona Sharkey, (Stamullen RC), 3. Seamus Howard, (Stamullen), 4. Darragh Quinn (Stamullen), 5. Angie & Justin (Stamullen), 6. Adrienne Conroy, (Monasterboice), 7. Bernie Carey (Stamullen), 8. John Hughes (SafeLink) Stamullen, 9. John Campbell (Stamullen RC), 10. Mary Lenehan, (Rudder, Stamullen).
Free basic iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet Class starting in St. Patrick’s GAA Centre on Friday 11th January 2019 from 10 am to 12 pm. If you would like to book as place please call Angela on 046-9280790.
Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital – Name change Protest
Join us on Sunday, 6th January at 3pm at St. Peter’s Church, West Street, Drogheda to protest about the unnecessary change of name of Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital!
Drogheda Special Olympics
Drogheda Special Olympics Club are recruiting new volunteers.
The club provides sports training and competition for athletes with an intellectual disability. If you have some free time please consider joining our volunteer team. For more information please contact – Club Secretary 083-0527492.
Stamullen Bowls Club
Why not come along any Tuesday or Thursday from 8 to 10 pm to St. Patrick’s GAA Centre and see if bowls is for you..? Stamullen is proud to have a very successful club and we look forward to meeting new members….For more information contact Rose on 01-8412086.
Stamullen Tidy Towns
Clean up continues every Saturday morning. Why not join us and help us improve our village … we meet every Saturday at Stamullen Church at 11 am.
Meath Diocesan Pilgrimage to Holy Land 2019
Bishop Deenihan will lead the 2019 Meath Diocesan Pilgrimage to the Holy Land from November 4th to 12th. Full details will be available shortly. Enquiries to MAP Travel at 01-8783111 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Gerry MacCormack at email@example.com 042 9667314.
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 5th 6:00 pm James Donohue, John O’Byrne Snr, Kiran Foley
Mary & Tom Dunne and their son Larry
Ollie & Vincent Branigan
Sunday, 6th 10:00 am Feast of the Epiphany
Kieran & Josephine Cooke and Sean Caffrey
Mary Vickers and Marie Black
Tuesday 10:00 am Patrick & Annie Howard and Nora Moriarty (1 Ann)
Thursday 10:00 am John Purfield
and deceased members of the Purfield family
Saturday, 12th 6:00 pm Una Smyth ( 1 Ann)
Sunday, 13th 10:00 am Baptism of the Lord
and deceased members of the Mooney family
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 5th 7:00 pm Mairin & Rita Reynolds
Sunday, 6th 11:30 am Feast of the Epiphany
Patrick Wade (11 Ann)
Wednesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Friday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Saturday, 12th 7:00 pm DTIM: Pupils from First Communion classes from
St. Patrick’s NS will enrol for First Communion
James & Mary Brennan,
their son Gerry and son-in-law John Sullivan
Patricia & Anne Marie O’Rourke
Sunday, 13th 11:30 am Baptism of the Lord
Kathy & Nicky Byrne