Sunday, 17th March 2019 – St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day Patron Day and Cemetery Devotions
We welcome family and friends of the deceased who are joining parishioners for this special occasion.
St. Patrick’s Day is a special envelope offering for Stamullen Church only. We would like to thank parishioners for their continued support for which we are very grateful.
An extra Mass will be celebrated at 7 pm every Wednesday in Stamullen Church during the season of Lent.
This will provide an opportunity for those who work office hours to participate in the sacrament and to fulfil a Lenten duty.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the soul of Ellie Haran, whose funeral took place in Julianstown this weekend. We remember the bereaved in our prayers.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 880.00
Weekly Envelopes: Stamullen € 540.00
Julianstown € 500.00
Fund Raising Committee – Ten Week Draw – Week One
The fourth draw took place last Sunday.
Congratulations to our Winners: 1st Vincent Lally, (Johnny McQuillan), 2nd Mary Flood, (Pauline Clarkin), 3rd Edward Connolly (Mary Davitt), 4th Laura & Dean Baxter (Paudge Moore) and Promoter’s Prize: Martin McKenna
- There will be no draw today (St. Patrick’s Day). We will have a double draw next weekend instead.
If you would like to take part in the Ten week draw please contact a promoter, or call 01-8412647
Confirmation Day 2019
Bishop Tom Deenihan will celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation in the parish next Wednesday, 20th March. St. Patrick’s NS Ceremony will take place at 11 am in the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Gormanston and Whitecross NS Ceremony will take place at 3 pm in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
We ask parishioners to pray for these candidates as they take this very important step in their faith journey.
- Please note there will be no 10 am Mass in Julianstown on Wednesday.
We welcome Confirmation candidates from Whitecross NS to 7 pm Mass this weekend.
The next DTIM Masses for First Communion candidates will take place on:
- Saturday, 30thMarch, Patrick’s NS Mass will take place at 6 pm in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS Mass will take place at 7 pm in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
- Sunday, 23rdJune, Corpus Christi: St. Patrick’s NS will join the congregation at 10 am in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS join the congregation at 11:30 am Mass in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
First Communion Ceremonies will take place on Saturday, 11th May for St. Patrick’s NS and Saturday, 18th May for Whitecross NS.
We ask parishioners to pray for all children from our Parish who are preparing for these special occasions in their lives.
Flower Society Stamullen Annual Collection
The Stamullen Flower Society will hold their annual collection and at Masses this weekend, Saturday, 16th and St. Patrick’s Day, 17th March.
This collection will support the continued supply of fresh flowers in Stamullen church throughout the year. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
All are welcome to Adoration of the most Blessed Sacrament:
- In Stamullen after10 am Mass every Thursday until 5pm. (If you wish to add your name to the list, please contact Teresa on 087-6757581 or Sheila on 086-058580)
- In Julianstown on Wednesdays from 9 am and after 10 am Mass. (Contact Josephine if you wish to add your name to the list).
Stamullen Road Club
Last weekend’s racing turned out to be a no-go for all of the cyclists from the north east when the Newbridge Cycling Club were forced to cancel their day’s event at very short notice, leaving 200+ cyclists without a race.
This weekend Lucan CC will hold their GP on Saturday at Dunsany with start time 10:30 am.
Sunday: Bobby Power Memorial Race at Carrick-on-Suir at 11:00am
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
- Under 12 Girls Div. 1 Football League on Monday, 18thMarch at 12 pm at GAA Grounds Stamullen. St Patrick’s v St Peter’s Dunboyne.
- Div 2’A’ Football League on Sunday, 24thMarch at 11am in Carlanstown. St. Michael’s v St Patrick’s.
- Membership for 2019 is now available for all players mentors and supporters. Application forms are available at theClub reception or by contacting the Club Registrar Brendan Byrne.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 12/03/2019. Numbers drawn:2,4,20,29. No Jackpot Winner. Weekly Winners: John Collins, Brian Arnold, James & Ivan, Conor O’Flaherty, Noel Hand. Next week’s Jackpot: €3,300.
Stamullen Bowls Club
Why not come along any Tuesday or Thursday from 8 to 10 pm to St. Patrick’s GAA Centre and see if bowls is for you..? Stamullen is proud to have a very successful club and we look forward to meeting new members….For more information contact Rose on 01-8412086.
Daffodil Day: Friday, 22nd March
Join thousands of people across Ireland in the fight against cancer this March by buying daffodil pins, or flowers at The Lime Kiln, Julianstown. Daffodil Day is the Irish Cancer Society’s biggest fundraiser, taking place each year in March and raising millions of euro to support cancer patients and their loved ones by providing free advice and support, as well as by funding life-saving cancer research.
Make a Wish Day 2019
Johnny McQuillan and family are holding the Annual Wish Cake Sale in the Parish Centre, Stamullen on 30th and 31st March. If you would like to donate cakes, please contact Johnny.
Collier the Robber – Talk
Community Historian, Brendan Matthews, in association with the Old Drogheda Society, will present a talk on Michael Collier the Robber at the Drogheda Museum at Millmount on Wednesday, 20th March at 8pm. This presentation talk will focus on separating the facts from the fictional tales that have often been told over many generations. Brendan Matthews will focus on evidence that he has collected over many years regarding the daring exploits of this infamous highwayman and where, the actual facts about Collier are indeed, stranger than the fiction tales. 2019 marks the 170th anniversary of the death of Michael Collier, who was born at Lisdornan in 1786. Admission is free on the night and all are welcome to attend.
- Young adults (18-40) are invited to a Retreat for Lent in Dalgan Park, Navan, 29thto 31st March: Join us for Prayer, inspiring talks, friendship and joy in the faith, Mass, Adoration, time to reflect, confession. Cost: donation (all meals & own room). Contact: Sr Úna 090-6481666 or email@example.com.
St. Benedict’s Priory, Cobh, Co.Cork
- Day of Recollection guided by the spirituality of the Servant of God, Mother Marie Adele Garnier. Saturday,23rd March at 9 Mass and Adoration, 11 am first talk ends with tea at 3.30pm. Lunch provided. Contact Mother Prioress 0124811354.
MAHS (Meath Arcaeological & Historial Society)
MAHS Lecture will take place in Trim on Wednesday, 20th March. Theme: “The Geography of the Mechanisation of Agriculture in Ireland in the 20th Century” by Professor Jim Walsh (Maynooth University), at Trim Castle Hotel (Bective Suite), at 8pm (note: this is a change in venue from Trim Library). All welcome. Inquiries to J. Clancy, tel. 01 8259438.
A Spring Day in Dalgan
- The Story of Farming in Ireland with Dr John Feehan on Saturday,6th April from30am – 3.30pm (Registration 9.15am) in Columban Ecological Institute, St Columban’s, Dalgan, Navan, Co. Meath. A drama in three acts: Act 1 is ‘The Story of Farming Past’ followed by questions and coffee at 11 am. Act 2 will tell us of ‘Farming Today’ and will be followed by lunch at 12.30pm. In the afternoon, we will head outdoors for a fieldwork session. Act 3 will be an attempt to peer into the mists of what ‘Farming in the Future’ will be.
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 16th 6:00 pm Josephine Dunphy (20 Ann), deceased members
of the Dunphy & Doran families, Christ0pher,
Bridget and Paddy Collins and deceased
members of the Collins family
Richard, Kathleen & Peggy Rooney
Sunday, 17th 10:00 am Feast of St. Patrick
Cemetery devotions will take place after Mass
Tuesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Wednesday 11:00 am Confirmation Ceremony St. Patrick’s NS
(Church of the Immaculate Conception, Gormanston)
7:00 pm Lenten Mass
Thursday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Saturday, 23rd 6:00 pm Thomas, Christina & Bridget McCausland
Jimmy Gough and his daughter Mary Gough
Sunday, 24th 10:00 am Josephine (Jodie) Hagan (MM)
Cora (4 Ann) and James Boylan (20 Ann)
Philomena Whearity (13 Ann)
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 16th 7:00 pm Monica, John & Michael Clarke
Confirmation Candidates from Whitecross NS will attend
Sunday, 17th 11:30 am Feast of St. Patrick
Wednesday 3:00 pm Confirmation Ceremony Whitecross NS
Friday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Saturday, 23rd 7:00 pm Ben McKenna
Sunday, 24th 11:30 am Tommy & Frank McCann
and deceased members of the McCann Family
Myra Gaynor & Anthony Jackson