Sunday, 24th December 2017
I wish you all a Holy and Peaceful season and a very Happy New Year.
- Carol Service: Saturday, 23rdat 6:30 pm in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
- Christmas Eve: Family Masses will take place at 4:30 pm in Stamullen and 6:30pm in Julianstown.
- Vigil Mass: Vigil Mass of the Nativity will take place at 9 pm in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen. (The Choir will sing Carols from 8:30 pm).
- There will be NO Vigil Mass in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
- Christmas Day:Masses will take place at 10 am in Stamullen and 11:30 am in Julianstown.
- Christmas Cards/Christmas Day Masses: All Christmas Masses in St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen and St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown are offered for the intentions of the recipients of the Christmas Cards.
- New Years Day: Mass will take place at 11 am on Monday, 1stJanuary in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
- Feast of the Epiphany: Mass will take place at 11 am in St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen.
- There will be no 10 am Masses on Tuesday 26th, Wednesday 27thor Thursday 28th and Friday, 29th.
- First Friday calls: First Friday calls will resume 2ndFebruary 2018.
(Ministers of the Eucharist will call to the housebound on Christmas Day).
- Weekly Envelopes: The new boxes of envelopes will be distributed in time for the New year. Thanks to all who contribute each week. Thanks also to all involved in delivering them. If you are an existing contributor and you do not receive your box, or if you would like to receive a box, please contact the parish.
- We would also like to thank all who contribute by means of Standing Order.
- If parishioners prefer, donations ca be made electronically using the following: IBAN IE29BOI0354182447761 and BIC BOIE2D.
- Please remember, cheques should be made payable to Stamullen Julianstown Parish, otherwise the bank will return them.
- Parish Office: The Parish Office is closed for Christmas Holidays and will re-open on Wednesday, 3rdJanuary at 9:30 am.
- Christmas Ceremonies – Gormanston College
- Masses will take place in the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Gormanston College at 8 pm on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at 10:15 am.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the soul of Tom O’Brien whose funeral took place during the week. We remember the bereaved in our prayers.
Thanks to all who cleaned and prepared the churches for the Christmas Ceremonies.
Ceremonies in the Parish: Baptism
This weekend we welcome in Baptism: Byron Regan. May all newly baptised children always know and love Jesus as their friend. We ask parishioners to pray for Byron and his family.
Ceremonies in the Parish: Weddings
We would like to congratulate parishioners Kate O’Sullivan and Ivor Kelly who are getting married in Stamullen during the week. We wish Kate and Ivor every blessing for the future.
St. Pauls Missals
A limited number of St. Paul’s Missals are available in the Sacristy and from the parish office. The price for each Missal is €7 again this year.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 980.00
Envelopes: Stamullen € 325.00
Julianstown € 725.00
Julianstown and Stamullen Meals on Wheels
Julianstown & Stamullen Meals on Wheels would like to wish Happy Christmas and very Happy New Year to all our recipients. A special thanks to our drivers, the Chef, Management and Staff at the Glenside Hotel, all our donors and anyone who helped us in any way during the year. For more information please contact 085-7222068
Adoration in Stamullen – Christmas Recess
There will be no Adoration in Stamullen until Thursday, 11th January 2018. Wishing all a very Happy Christmas.
St. Vincent DePaul – Giving Trees
Thanks to all who have donated gifts at the Giving Trees in both churches. Thanks also to the parents, staff and pupils of St. Patrick’s NS and White Cross NS. All gifts will be distributed locally.
World Meeting of Families Icon
Parishioners are invited to take a copy the Official World Meeting of Families 2018 Icon of the Holy Family home. Please place the icon on the Christmas dinner table, or in another prominent place in your home and pray the official prayer which is printed on the back. Icons are available beside the Newsletters in both churches.
An explanation of the Icon can be found on the official WMOF website: www.worldmeeting2018.ie/Icon.
Stamullen Road Club
A very Happy Christmas is extended to all our club sponsors, supporters, volunteers and to everyone who help us keep the cycling club running smoothly from year to year. We consider ourselves very luck to live in such a great community.
A special word of thanks to Carol in the Parish Office who is always on hand to help and also to Brendan Matthews who keeps our club updates/information fresh in the Drogheda Independent. We appreciate all of this work.
Stamullen GP/John Reilly Memorial dates for next year will be on the weekend of the 7th and 8th April 2018.
The Golden Girls
The Golden Girls are taking a Christmas Break until 8th January.
We hope to celebrate Nollaig Na mBan with afternoon tea on 6th January from 2.30 pm. Happy Christmas to all.
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
- Patrick’s GAA Club willhost the GOAL MILE on St. Stephen’s Day at 12 noon on the running track at the Club grounds on the Cockhill Road. All welcome to take part, walkers, runners and family groups. Looking forward to seeing you all on the day – all proceeds for same shall go to GOAL.
- Date for the Diary: The Annual General Meeting of St Patrick’s GAA Club will takeplace on Monday, 22nd January 2018.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 19/12/2017. Numbers Drawn: Ross O’Sullivan, Pauline Clarkin, Sean Farrell, Mary Delaney, Theresa Boylan, Grainne Kirwan, Eoin Brady, Peg Lally, T. Murphy and Margaret Whyte. Weekly Winners: Next week’s Jackpot: €5,900. Next draw: 9th January.
Free IT Classes
Meath Partnership are offering Free 5 week Basic Laptop, iPhone, iPad, SmartPhone or Tablet Classes in all areas of Meath. If you would like to book a place please phone Angela on 046-9280790.
Operation Transformation Walk
Operation Transformation National Walk will take place on Saturday, 13th January at 10am in Ashbourne (meet at Garda Station). All ages and abilities welcome. Walk distance 4km (along Sli na Slainte route). In the interest of safety, dogs are not allowed. Children must be supervised by an adult.
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 23rd 6:00 pm Celebrants Intention
Sunday, 24th 10:00 am Patrick McAuley (Snr) (19 Ann) and Seamus McAuley
Christmas Eve 4:30 pm Christmas Family Mass
9:00 pm Vigil Mass of the Nativity
(Choir will sing carols from 8:30 pm)
Christmas Day 10:00 am Mass of the Nativity
No Masses Tuesday, 26th and Thursday 28th December
Saturday, 30th 6:00 pm Stephen Jordan (1 Ann)
Patrick and Margaret Clarkin
and deceased members of the Mooney Family
Sunday, 31st 10:00 am James (25 Ann) & Agnes and Annie & Nicholas Harris
Tuesday, 2nd January 10:00 am
Thursday, 4th 10:00 am Patrick & Annie Howard
Saturday, 6th 11::00 am Feast of the Epiphany
6:00 pm Eithne McCourt (1 Ann)
Oliver and Vincent Branigan
Tom & Mary Dunne and Larry Dunne
Sunday, 7th 10:00 am Mary Vickers and Marie Black
James Donohue, John O’Byrne (Snr) and Kieran Foley
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 23rd 6:30 pm Carol Service
7:00 pm Anne-Marie O’Rourke (MM)
Sunday, 24th 11:30 am People of the Parish
Christmas Eve 6:30 pm Christmas Family Mass
Christmas Day 11:30 am Mass of the Nativity
No Masses Wednesday 27th or Friday 29th December
Saturday, 30th 7:00 pm Theresa & Eddie Calvey
Sunday, 31st 11:30 am Pat Duffy (2 Ann)
Monday, 1st January 11:00 am Mary, Mother of God
World Day for Peace
Wednesday, 3rd January 10:00 am
Friday, 5th 10:00 am New Parish List of the Dead
Saturday, 6th 7:00 pm Margaret Darby
Patrick Wade (10 Ann)
Sunday, 7th 11:30 am John, Marie, Frank and Miriam Woods