Sunday, 24th February 2019
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the soul of Josephine (Jodie) Hagan, whose funeral took place in Stamullen during the week. We remember the bereaved in our prayers.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 825.00
Weekly Envelopes: Stamullen € 305.00
Julianstown € 265.00
Fund Raising Committee – Ten Week Draw – Week One
The first draw took place last Sunday.
Congratulations to our Winners: 1st Ann & Sean Marron (Kay Tobin), 2nd Bernie Smith (Mary Courtney) 3rd Fionn McDonnell (Christy Moore), 4th Philly Kiernan (Johnny McQuillan) and Promoter’s Prize: Johnny McQuillan.
All welcome to pop in to the Parish Centre in Stamullen after 10 am Mass.
We would like to sincerely thank all our promoters and their contributors for their participation each year.
If you would like to take part in the Ten week draw please contact a promoter, or call 01-8412647.
Sacraments in the Parish: Baptism
This weekend we welcome in Baptism: Zara Obokhasebhor, Ruan O’Flaherty and Ruby Stanley.
May all newly baptised children always know and love Jesus as their friend. We ask parishioners to pray for these children and their families.
First Friday Calls
First Friday calls will take place next Friday, 1st March. If you would like to include a parishioner on the list, or if you know of a parishioner in hospital who would appreciate a visit from Fr. Declan, please contact the parish office.
All are welcome to Adoration of the most Blessed Sacrament:
- In Stamullen after10 am Mass every Thursday until 5pm. (If you wish to add your name to the list, please contact Teresa on 087-6757581 or Sheila on 086-058580.)
- In Julianstown on Wednesdays from 9 am and after 10 am Mass. (Contact Josephine if you wish to add your name to the list).
The building of the new school will commence on Tuesday, 26th February. Access to and from the school will remain as normal for now. The footpath from St. Mary’s Church to the school will remain open for the duration of the build. Children arriving late for school should enter by the front entrance only. Construction of the new school will run until September 2020.
Any changes that may occur as a result of the building will be communicated as they arise.
St. Patrick’s NS
The children from St. Patrick’s are collecting Rugby stickers from Aldi supermarket. A sticker is issued with every €30 spent which the children place on a Poster in School. When the Poster is complete it will be sent to Aldi to enter the competition to win prizes for the school.
If parishioners receive stickers and would like to donate them to the school please place them in the box beside the Newsletters in the side Foyer in Stamullen church.
East Meath Hospice Pancake Morning 2019
The annual East Meath Hospice Fund Raising Pancake Morning will take place on Tuesday, 5th March in the City North Hotel from 10 am – 12:30 pm.
Come along for Pancakes, tea & Coffee and browse through the many stalls including, Arts and Crafts, Handbags, Designer Clothes, Shoes and some local produce. We will also have a raffle on the day. Admission €5. Committee members will be on hand if you wish to learn about the work of EMHA. Looking forward to meeting friends, old and new. Thank you for your continued support.
Gormanston Beach Clean-up – Saturday
Please note the clean up of Gormanston Beach will take place at 10 am at Delvin River Viaduct on Saturday, 2nd March.
Clean up generally runs from the Delvin River’s Bremore Beach to Ben Head cliffs.
All equipment supplied in co-operation with Meath County Council.
Stamullen Road Club
The long wait is now over and next Saturday, 2nd March the Dublin Wheelers CC will open the 2019 road season with the Mick Lally Memorial races for all Seniors. Race H/Q located at Summerhill Community Centre. Start time (sign-on) 9am. Races will take place over a local circuit.
Then on Sunday (3rd its the annual Cycleways Cup races, which will be promoted by Navan Road Club, sign-on will be at Simonstown GAA centre. Start time 12:30.
We wish our club riders a safe and happy season.
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
- ‘A’ League Div. 2 takesplace in Ballinabrackey on Sunday, 24th February at 3pm. Ballinabrackey v St Patrick’s.
- Under 14 Girls Div. 6 League takesplace on Sunday, 24th February at GAA Grounds Stamullen at 11am. St. Patrick’s v Longwood.
- Minor Football League takesplace on Saturday, 2ndMarch at GAA Grounds Dunboyne at 12 noon. St Peter’s v St Patrick’s.
- AC Hurling League (Adult) takesplace on Saturday,2nd March at GAA Grounds Dunderry at 4.15pm. Dunderry v St Patrick’s.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 19/02/2019. Numbers drawn:1,10,19,28. No Jackpot Winner. Weekly Winners: Anew McKnight, Aisling & Roisin, Michael O’Regan, Pat McAuley, Declan McGovern. Next week’s Jackpot: €3,000.
- Pro Life Westmeath will host a talk with Carol Nolan TD and Michael Dwyer in Greville Arms Hotel, Mullingar on Thursday, 28thFebruary at 7:30pm. All welcome.
- Light the Fire 2019: The Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal invite you to join us at St. Patrick’s Parish Church in Slane, Co. Meath, to pray together for Ireland in the place where St. Patrick lit the Easter Fire.
- Event begins at 5pm on the 18thMarch; Holy Mass celebrated by Bishop Tom Deenihan, Bishop of Meath, followed by Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. For more information contact the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal, 041-
- Meath Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes takes place from 9thto 14th September 2019. Bookings can be made with Pilgrimage Abroad Ltd, Lower Baggot St, Dublin 2. Tel 01-6359300. email: email@example.com.
- Meath Diocesan Pilgrimage to Holy Land 2019: Bishop Deenihan will lead the 2019 Meath Diocesan Pilgrimage to the Holy Land from November 4thto 12th. Full details will be available shortly. Enquiries to MAP Travel at 01-8783111 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Gerry MacCormack at email@example.com 042-9667314.
- Pilgrimage to Fatima and Lisbon ex- Dublin for Feast Day of Saint Anthony 9thto 14th June 2019. Also Pilgrimage to Rome and San Giovanni at Easter 15th /22 April. Contact 086 0572216.
- Accord are running a 1 day course on Wellness and Mindfulness in Accord centre, Crosslanes on Saturday 9th March from 10 am to 4 pm. Please contact 041 9843860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org details and to book your place.
- Divine Mercy Conference, Ardboyne Hotel Navan, Co.Meath on Saturday, 2nd March from 11 am to 5:30 p Guest speaker: Brendan Walsh. Contact Ann Buchanan on 085-8021382.
- Medjugorje PilgrimageApril 24th for 7 nights, half board for €689. Contact Ann Buchanan on 085-8021382.
Irish Wheelchair Association
Irish Wheelchair Association will be holding their church gate collection on Saturday, 9th & Sunday, 10th March 2019. Your support would be gratefully appreciated.
Duleek and District News
SUST- Substance Use Service for Teens – are a service who offer support and counselling to adolescents and their families who are experiencing problems around substance use, drugs and alcohol. They will be giving a talk in Duleek Courthouse, Tuesday 26th at 7.30pm
Registration is now open for the Priory Institute Spring Semester of studies, beginning on 2nd March 2019. Check their Website: www.prioryinstitute.com. Email: email@example.com or Tel: 01-4048124.
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 23rd 6:00 pm Imelda Mooney
and deceased members of the Mooney family
Margaret, Bernard & Tommy Sweeney
Sunday, 24th 10:00 am People of the Parish
Tuesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Thursday 10:00 am Bill & Bridie Shaw
Saturday, 2nd 6:00 pm Michelle McKiernan (MM)
Oliver Smyth (38 Ann)
Anna & Peter Martin
Sunday, 3rd 10:00 am Tom & Mavis Reilly and John & Rose McQuillan
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 23rd 7:00 pm John McEntee (MM)
Jack & Joe Jolley
Henry, Christina & Patrick McKenna
Sunday, 24th 11:30 am May Kelly (MM)
Margaret Hughes (1 Ann)
Wednesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Friday, 1st March 10:00 am List of the Dead
Saturday, 2nd 7:00 pm Winnie & Joseph Sullivan
Seamus & Mollie Rothwell
Sunday, 3rd 11:30 am