Sunday, 3rd March 2019
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the soul of Mary (May) Synnott, whose funeral took place in Julianstown this weekend. We remember the bereaved in our prayers.
This year’s Trócaire boxes are available beside the Newsletters in both churches.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 955.00
Weekly Envelopes: Stamullen € 465.00
Julianstown € 855.00
Fund Raising Committee – Ten Week Draw – Week One
The second draw took place last Sunday.
Congratulations to our Winners: 1st Ann Dunne (Tosh Murphy), 2nd Una Kearns (Martin McKenna) 3rd Theresa McQuillan (Johnny McQuillan), 4th Bernie Russell (Tommie Russell) and Promoter’s Prize: Fr. Declan.
All welcome to pop in to the Parish Centre in Stamullen after 10 am Mass.
If you would like to take part in the Ten week draw please contact a promoter, or call 01-8412647.
All are welcome to Adoration of the most Blessed Sacrament:
- In Stamullen after10 am Mass every Thursday until 5pm. (If you wish to add your name to the list, please contact Teresa on 087-6757581 or Sheila on 086-058580.)
- In Julianstown on Wednesdays from 9 am and after 10 am Mass. (Contact Josephine if you wish to add your name to the list).
East Meath Hospice Pancake Morning 2019
The annual East Meath Hospice Fund Raising Pancake Morning will take place on Tuesday, 5th March in the City North Hotel from 10 am – 12:30 pm.
Come along for Pancakes, tea & Coffee and browse through the many stalls including, Arts and Crafts, Handbags, Designer Clothes, Shoes and some local produce. We will also have a raffle on the day. Admission €5. Committee members will be on hand if you wish to learn about the work of EMHA. Looking forward to meeting friends, old and new. Thank you for your continued support.
School Ceremonies in the Parish 2019
Confirmation candidates from St. Patrick’s NS are invited to attend 7 pm Mass on Saturday, 9th March and candidates from Whitecross NS are invited to attend 7 pm Mass on Saturday, 16th March both Masses will take place in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
The next DTIM Masses for First Communion candidates will take place on:
- Saturday, 30thMarch, Patrick’s NS Mass will take place at 6 pm in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS Mass will take place at 7 pm in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
- Sunday, 23rdJune, Corpus Christi: St. Patrick’s NS will join the congregation at 10 am in St. Patrick’s church, Stamullen and Whitecross NS join the congregation at 11:30 am Mass in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown.
Confirmation Ceremonies will take place in the parish on Wednesday, 20th March 2019 at 11 am for St. Patrick’s NS and at 3 pm for Whitecross NS.
First Communion Ceremonies will take place on Saturday, 11th May for St. Patrick’s NS and Saturday, 18th May for Whitecross NS.
We ask parishioners to pray for all children from our Parish who are preparing for these special occasions in their lives.
Stamullen Art Group
Stamullen Art Group will host an Exhibition of paintings in Skerries Mills from Monday, 4th to Sunday, 17th March.
Open Daily from10 am to 4:30 pm. Admission Free.
Irish Wheelchair Association
Irish Wheelchair Association will be holding their church gate collection on Saturday, 9th & Sunday, 10th March 2019. Your support would be gratefully appreciated.
St. Patrick’s NS
The children from St. Patrick’s are still collecting Rugby stickers from Aldi supermarket. A sticker is issued with every €30 spent.
If parishioners receive stickers and would like to donate them to the school please place them in the box beside the Newsletters in the side Foyer in Stamullen church
Gormanston Community Association
Gormanston Village clean up Saturday, 9th March at 10am. Meeting at Huntsman. Please come out for an hour or so to prepare for the Meath Co. Co. Anti-Litter Initiative, judging starts mid March. Gloves, pickers etc provided. Tea/coffee afterwards in the Huntsman.
Stamullen Road Club
With the opening of the 2019 road racing season this weekend we just want to wish the Lads a safe and happy season.
Saturday: Mick Lally Memorial at Summerhill, Co.Meath
Sunday: Cycleways Cup Races, promoted by Navan Road Club, with the sign-on at Simonstown GAA H/Q and racing starting at 12:30 pm.
Saturday 9th March: Ras Naomh Finian at Clonard, Co. Meath. Start time 11 am (Moyvalley Golf Club).
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
Under 12 Hurling League on Sunday, 3rd March in Kildalkey at 9.45am. Kildalkey v St. Patrick’s/St. Colmcille’s.
Minor Football League Div. 2 takes place on Saturday, 9th March v Kilbride away. Time to be confirmed.
- Div. 2 ‘A’ Football League takesplace on Sunday, 10th March at 11am at the GAA Grounds Stamullen. St. Patrick’s v Meath Hill.
- Div. 2 ‘B’ Football League takesplace on Monday, 11th March at GAA Grounds Stamullen at 8pm. St Patrick’s v St Michael’s.
- Membership for 2019 is now available for all players mentors an intending members. Application Forms are available at the club or my contacting the Registrar Brendan Byrne.
- Kids disco on Saturday,9th March from 7-9pm for 7 to 12 year olds.
- Bingo night on Sunday, 10thMarch at 8 pm Sharp!
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 26/02/2019. Numbers drawn:8,10,14,30. No Jackpot Winner. Weekly Winners:Noel Hand, Sarah McKernan, Chloe Moore, Dave Cahill, Colm Downey. Next week’s Jackpot: €3,100
- Light the Fire 2019: The Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal invite you to join us at St. Patrick’s Parish Church in Slane, Co. Meath, to pray together for Ireland in the place where St. Patrick lit the Easter Fire.
- Event begins at 5pm on the 18thMarch; Holy Mass celebrated by Bishop Tom Deenihan, Bishop of Meath, followed by Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. For more information contact the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal, 041-
- Accord are running a 1 day course on Wellness, Mindfulness, Personal Awareness in Accord centre, Crosslanes on Saturday 9th March from 10 am to 4 pm. Please contact 041 9843860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org details and to book your place, during office hours 10 am – 1 pm. Cost €30 and bring your own lunch.
- Divine Mercy Conference, Ardboyne Hotel Navan, Co.Meath on Saturday, 2nd March from 11 am to 5:30 p Guest speaker: Brendan Walsh. Contact Ann Buchanan on 085-8021382.
- Medjugorje PilgrimageApril 24th for 7 nights, half board for €689. Contact Ann Buchanan on 085-8021382.
Duleek and District News
Olympian Kenneth Egan will be holding a talk in Duleek Courthouse as part of the Feel Good Project on Tuesday, 12th March at 7.30pm. Kenny, a reformed addict and now a motivational speaker and mental health advocate, will be talking about alcohol and substance abuse awareness and his own experiences as a counsellor in the fields of addiction, trauma and motivation
Registration is now open for the Priory Institute Spring Semester of studies, beginning on 2nd March 2019. Check their Website: www.prioryinstitute.com. Email: email@example.com or Tel: 01-4048124.
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 2nd February 6:00 pm Michelle McKiernan (MM)
Oliver Smyth (38 Ann)
Anna & Peter Martin
Sunday, 3rd 10:00 am Tom & Mavis Reilly and John & Rose McQuillan
Patrick (Packie) McAuley Jnr (2 Ann)
Marie Moran (1 Ann)
Tuesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Ash Wednesday 7:00 pm Mass and Blessing of Ashes
Ashes will be distributed after Mass
Thursday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Saturday, 9th 6:00 pm Tom Stack
Charles (5 Ann) & Joan Whyte
Sunday, 10th 10:00 am Bridie & John Maguire and Noeleen Dennehy
Stephen Gamble (7 Ann)
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 2nd February 7:00 pm Winnie & Joseph Sullivan
Seamus & Mollie Rothwell
Sunday, 3rd 11:30 am People of the Parish
Wednesday 10:00 am Mass and Blessing of Ashes
Ashes will be distributed after Mass
Friday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Saturday, 9th 7:00 pm Confirmation Candidates from St. Patrick’s NS will attend
Sunday, 10th 11:30 am Una Murtagh (MM)
Martin, Rose & Seamus Rowley