Sunday, 25th February 2018
Fr. Bernard Steed
We would like to welcome Fr. Bernard Steed of Columban Missionaries, Dalgan Park, Navan who is spending the weekend with us. Fr Bernard will be celebrating Masses in Stamullen and Julianstown.
R. I. P.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the soul of Sean McCann, Gormanston whose funeral took place in the parish on Tuesday and Tom Leonard, late of Julianstown whose funeral took place in Laytown on Thursday.
We remember the bereaved in our prayers.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 905.00
Weekly Envelopes: Stamullen € 365.00
Julianstown € 500.00
Fund Raising – Ten Week Draw
Congratulations to the winners of Week two draw:
1st Prize: €250, 2nd Prize: €100, 3rd Prize: €75 and 4th Prize: €50.
Congratulations to Prize Winners: Cecilia Maguire, (Carol McKiernan), Bobby Whyte (Christy Moore), Kay Russell (Tommy Russell) and Freddy Whyte (Christy Moore). Promoter’s Prize: Carol McKiernan.
For more information please contact the parish office.
Ceremonies in the Parish: Weddings
We would like to congratulate Cáit Baxter and Alan Callinan who were married in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown during the week. We wish Cáit and Alan every blessing for the future.
Sacraments in the Parish
Confirmation Ceremonies will take place on Thursday, 19th April. Whitecross NS ceremony will take place in St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown at 11 am and St. Patrick’s NS ceremony takes place in the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Gormanston at 3 pm.
First Communion Ceremonies will take place in the Church of the Immaculate conception, Gormanston on 12th May (St. Patrick’s NS) and St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown on 19th May (Whitecross NS).
We ask parishioners to pray for all children in the parish who are preparing for First Communion and Confirmation this year.
Adoration in Stamullen
If you would like to spend some time in quiet prayer with the Lord, please join us for one hour, in Julianstown from 9 am and after 10 am Mass on Wednesday and in Stamullen after 10 am Mass on Thursday.
True Light Prayer Group
The True Light Prayer group meetings continue on Tuesdays, from 8 – 9:30 pm in the Parish Centre, Stamullen. Come just as you are and share in God’s word through praise and scripture. All very welcome.
Light the Fire on St. Patrick’s Day
You’re invited to a special event on the Hill of Slane to pray together for Ireland on the very spot where St. Patrick lit the Easter Fire. Event begins at 5pm on 17th March. Holy Mass celebrated by Bishop Michael Smith at 5:30pm followed by Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. This is an outdoor event so please dress warm. Feel free to bring a chair. For more information contact the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal on 041-9830441.
Make a Wish Day 2018 Cake Sale
Johnny McQuillan and family are holding the Annual Wish Cake Sale in the Parish Centre, Stamullen on the weekend of 10th & 11th March 2018.
The cake sale will take place in the parish rooms before and after mass on Saturday, 10th March from 5:30pm and Sunday 11th March from 9:30am.
All support would be greatly appreciated for this very wonderful cause. Anyone who would like to contribute to the baking we would be delighted and we can organise to collect from you on Saturday morning 10th March. We will also have wristbands for sale at €2 each.
If you can help or wish to donate or bake cakes please contact 086-8911861 or 086-0669502.
World Meeting of Families Collection POSTPONED
The third National WMOF2018 collection will take place next weekend, 3rd and 4th March.
If you would like any more information on how to be part of this historic event for the Church on our island, please check the posters in both churches. More information on the World Meeting of Families Website www.worldmeeting2018.ie, e-mail: email@example.com or call 01-5675800.
Briarleas/Mosney Road Street Party
Briarleas/Mosney Road street Party will take place this year on Saturday, 16th June. Make sure you keep the date free and keep an eye out for your invitation.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 13/02/2018. Numbers Drawn:9,15,20,23 Winners: Maureen Byrne, Catherine Troy, Noel Dunne, Martin Corr, Sandy Branagan.
Drawn on 20/02/2018. Number’s Drawn. 4, 9, 15, 20. Weekly Winners: Jennifer Calvey, Margaret Howard, Michael Murray, Ronan Nolan, Norman Morgan. Next week’s Jackpot: €6,500.
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
- 1. St. Patrick’s GAA Football & Hurling Membership is now open and available for 2018 for all players, mentors and supporters.Registration Officer Brendan Byrnewill be at the club this Tuesday evening from 7–9pm for anyone wishing to avail of
Free Basic IT class
Free five week Basic iPhone, iPad, SmartPhone or Tablet Class starting in St. Patrick’s GAA Centre on Thursday, 1st March from 2-4 pm. Contact Angela at Meath Partnership on 046-9280790.
Gormanston Beach Clean-up
Please note the clean up of Gormanston Beach continues on the first Saturday of every month. Why not join us at 10 am at Delvin River Viaducton next Saturday, 3rd March. Clean up generally runs from the Delvin River’s Bremore Beach to Ben Head cliffs. All equipment supplied in co-operation with Meath County Council.
Make-A-Wish Ireland Annual Wish Day:
Make-A-Wish Ireland has one simple aim – we grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions, to bring hope, strength and happiness. Volunteers are needed for Wish Day, our annual fund raising day, on Friday, 9th March. There are a number of ways you could get involved and support us:
- select a location nearby and volunteer to sell our bands there for the day
- hold a coffee morning or bake sale in aid of Make-A-Wish
- hold a Jersey Day or a similar themed day in aid of Make-A-Wish
By volunteering on Wish Day, you play an essential part in creating positive memories for children battling life-threatening illnesses. If you can commit to the full day or even a few hours selling our bands, please visit www.makeawish.ie to register online at one of our collection points. Alternatively contact Emma Horgan firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2052011 for more details.
On behalf of everyone at Make-A-Wish; our wish children and their families, thank you for your support.
- Lent:The Catholic Communications Office has published a Lenten feature on the homepage of catholicbishops.ie. It contains a link to the text of this year’s Lenten message by Pope Francis, information on this year’s Trócaire campaign and a Lenten prayer. The CCO is encouraging the faithful to share their Lenten experience on social media using #LiveLent.
- We are also promoting Pope Francis’ ‘24 Hours for the Lord’ initiative, to take place on 9th and 10th March and which invites the entire Church community to celebrate the sacrament of Reconciliation in the context of Eucharistic adoration.
- This week’s copy of Choose Life 2018is on display on the noticeboards in both churches. Please take time to have a look at this well written Newsletter. If you would like to have a copy of same, please contact the Parish office.
St. Marys, Drogheda Restoration Project
- The Drogheda Male Voice Choir will perform a special Fundraising concert for the restoration of the roof of St. Mary’s Church, James Street, Drogheda. They will be joined by wonderful soprano Amie Dyer and the Drogheda Boys Choir. Compere for the evening is Alison Comyn. Join us on Friday, 9th March at 8 pm. Tickets: €15 available from St. Mary’s Parish office on: 041-8834587. (Bring a cushion with you on the night for comfort!).
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 24th 6:00 pm Anna & Peter Martin
Sunday, 25th 10:00 am Imelda Mooney
and deceased members of the Mooney family
William & Brigid Shaw
Tuesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intentions
Thursday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intentions
Saturday, 3rd March 6:00 pm Oliver Smyth (37 Ann)
Tom Stack (9 Ann)
Sunday, 4th 10:00 am Brigid Maguire (1 Ann)
Pat, Kathleen & PJ Davitt
and deceased members of the Davitt Family
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 24th 7:00 pm Celebrant’s Intentions
Sunday, 25th 11:30 am People of the Parish
Wednesday 10:00 am Mary McGrane (14 Ann)
Friday, 2nd March 10:00 am List of the Dead
Saturday, 3rd 7:00 pm Winifred & Joseph Sullivan
Molly & Seamus Rothwell
Sunday, 4th 11:30 am Martin, Rose and Seamus Rowley