Sunday, 2nd September 2018
Episcopal Ordination of Bishop-elect Tom Deenihan
All parishioners are welcome to attend the Ordination ceremony of Bishop-elect Tom Deenihan in the Cathedral this Sunday, 2nd September (Entrance Procession commences at 2:50 pm).
Stewards will be available to assist with seating arrangements.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: Stamullen € 525.00
Weekly envelopes: Stamullen € 220.00
Julianstown € 110.00
Mass Diary for 2019
The Diary for 2019 is now available. If you would like to book Masses please contact the parish office.
- If you wish to book a Mass please contact the parish office in plenty of time as only threefamilies’ intentions are accepted for each weekend Mass. (With the exception of a Month’s Mind Mass, when a fourth family can be added if necessary).
- Please remember Funeral Masses, when they occur, will replace the Mass of the day.
- On Sunday, Funerals will take place at the usual Mass times. Funerals therefore willtake place at 10 am in Stamullen and 11:30 am in Julianstown (on a Sunday)
- Only one Mass Intention can be taken for 10 am weekday Masses.
First Friday Calls
- If you know of anyone in the parish who would welcome a visit by Fr. Declan, please contact the parish office to include them on the list.
- If you know of any parishioners in hospital who would appreciate a visit from Fr. Declan, please let us know.
- Adoration of the most Blessed Sacrament resumes in Stamullen on Thursday 13thSeptember following 10 am Mass. If you wish to to add your name to our present list please contact Teresa on 087-6757581 or Sheila on 086-058580.
- There will be no Adoration in Julianstown for the next few weeks. We will alert Adorers to the date when Adoration is returning in future newsletters.
We are delighted to say that the Choir returns to Stamullen church this Sunday, 2nd September at 10 am.
They are looking for new members. If you would like to join why not come along to Rehearsal night any Monday from 8 – 9.15 pm, starting this Monday, 3rd September.
Children’s Liturgy Julianstown
Children’s liturgy will return to St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown next Sunday, 9th at 11:30am.
We would appreciate more help! If you are interested in helping out or finding out more, please contact the parish office or feel free to pop into the Sacristy on the 9th. All children very welcome, and we look forward to seeing you all on the 9th.
Catholic Grandparents Association
Annual National Grandparents Pilgrimage to Knock Shrine will take place on Sunday, 9th September at 2.30pm. Everybody welcome to honour & thank Grandparents alive & dead for all they have done for us. Chief Celebrant Archbishop Jude Thaddeus Okolo, Apostolic Nuncio. Combined Choirs of Knock Parish, The Tuttle Family and Dana will sing ‘Our Lady of Knock’.
Coffee Morning in aid of the Children of Aleppo
All welcome to join Lila Young at home in Kennetstown, Bellewstown on Wednesday, 5th September from 11 am to 3:30 pm for coffee and cake. All proceeds going to suffering children in Aleppo.
SOSAD Cake Sale Fund Raiser
Fiona Gallagher will host a Cake Sale in aid of SOSAD on Saturday, 15th September before and after 6 pm Mass in Stamullen. Your support is very much appreciated ….
Naul Bridge Club
Naul Bridge Club resumes Thursday, 13th September in the old Library from 7.20 pm (Directions: half way up Naul village on the right hand side).
Julianstown Foroige Youth Club
Julianstown Foroige Youth Club meeting will take place on Friday, 7th September 2018 at 7.30pm in the Parish Rooms, Laytown Road, Julianstown.
Julianstown Foroige Youth Club has been in existence for ten years. The club is hoping to start back again this September however it desperately needs new leaders! Dwindling membership in the latter years is also a factor in the clubs future.
We are holding a meeting on Friday, 7th September for all young people 12 years plus interested in joining the club and any adults who may be interested in helping out in the club.
The level of interest on the evening of both young people to join and adults to help out will decide the future of the club. If you have any interest in saving the club from closing please attend!
Stamullen Road Club
Over the past few weeks, club riders have been racing at various venues and secured some good results.
Sean Landers finished first Senior A2 rider in the Beechmount Cup Race at Kilmessan, Co. Meath and Craig Sweetman finished 5th in this same race. Sean went on the win the gold medal in the Meath Championships and Craig took the Silver Medal here. Helen White took the silver medal in the Meath (Ladies)Championship. Finally, Sean Landers had a very successful Swords Summer League, finishing 3rd Overall.
Last Sunday the Leinster Road Race championships were cancelled at short notice and will be ran off in the coming weeks.
Fixtures: On Saturday the Laragh Classic will be held at Laragh, Co. Wicklow.
Sunday: Christy McManus Memorial at Roundwood, Co. Wicklow.
Tuesday: Mondello Series Round 15.
Tuesday: Ras na mBan 5-Day – Kilkenny.
Stamullen Bowls Club
Bowls returns to St. Patrick’s GAA Centre next Tuesday and Thursday, 4th and 6th September from 8 to 10 pm. Why not come along any Tuesday or Thursday and see if bowls is for you..? Stamullen is proud to have a very successful club and we look forward to meeting new members….For more information contact Rose on 01-8412086.
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
- Under 15 Hurling League away to Wolfe Tones on Sunday,2nd September at 11am in Kilberry. Wolfe Tones v St. Patrick’s/ St Colmcille’
- Under 13 Boys Div. 8 League Round 1 on Monday,3rd September at30pm at GAA Grounds Stamullen. St. Patrick’s v O’ Mahony’s.
- Under 13 Boys Div. 2 League Round 2 on Wednesday, 5th September in Ashbourne at7pm. Donaghmore/Ashbourne v St. Patrick’
- Minor Football Championship on Thursday, 6thSeptember at Stamullen GAA Grounds at 8pm. Patrick’s v Jenkinstown Gaels.
- Under 13 Girls League also on Thursday,6th September at GAA Grounds Stamullen @ 7pm. Patrick’s v St Colmcille’s.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 28/08/2018. Numbers drawn: 13, 18,26, 30. Weekly winners: Michael Murray, Joe Halpin, Mary Sweeney, Joe Black, Rosa McNulty. Next week’s Jackpot: €9,200.
Stamullen Tidy Towns
Clean up continues every Saturday morning. Why not join us and help us improve our village … we meet every Saturday at Stamullen Church at 11 am.
Friends of Autism and ADHD
Aspergers Teacher Training 2 Day Course will take place in The Bracken Court Hotel, Balbriggan on 22nd and 29th September from 10 am to 4 pm. This training is open to all Parents, Concerned Family members, Carers, Teachers, SNA’s, Childcare Workers. Fee €60 for professionals, €30 for parents for 2 day Course call: 01-8495670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment of the booking fee can be posted to our offices at 102 Strand Street, Skerries. Co. Dublin or payment can be made by PayPal using the link below: https://paypal.me/friendsautadhd
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 1st September 6:00 pm Willie & Agnes Russell
Jane & Pat Connell
Sunday, 2nd 10:00 am The Sullivan Family
Michael (25 Ann), Brigid and Paddy Folan
and deceased members of the Folan family
Tuesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intentions
Thursday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intentions
Saturday, 8th 6:00 pm Patsy & Margaret Clarkin
Sunday, 9th 10:00 am Monica & James Gilligan
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 1st September 7:00 pm Patrick Hughes (31 Ann)
Mairín & Rita Reynolds
Sunday, 2nd 11:30 am Declan Moore
Wednesday 10:00 am Celebrants Intentions
Friday 10:00 am List of the Dead
Saturday, 8th 7:00 pm Hannah Fitzpatrick
Sunday, 9th 11:30 am
Car Park Security
Reminding parishioners not to leave anything on view in cars in church car parks and to exercise vigilance at all times.