Sunday, 17th July 2016
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 775.00
Weekly Envelopes Stamullen € 335.00
Weekly Envelopes Julianstown € 325.00
Please note the parish office will close on Friday 22nd July at 12:30 pm and will re-open on Tuesday, 9th August at 9:30 am.
If you wish to book Masses for these two weeks (which will be included in the Newsletter on Sunday, 24th) please contact the parish office as soon as possible.
Moorechurch Cemetery – Mass & Blessing of Graves
- Sincere thanks to all who were involved in the preparation of Moorechurch cemetery and surrounding area for the annual devotions, and to all who helped out on the day.
- Thanks to Philip McCormack and Christy Martin for the use of their fields for car parking, Philip McCormack Jnr for the electricity, Paudge Moore for looking afterthe sound system, Jim Woods and Declan Russell for their great work with car parking and Denis O’Flaherty, Ann Woods, Christy Martin, Tosh Murphy, John Brangan, Hugh McGinty, Michael Lynch, Johnny McQuillan and Jim Carolan for their help on the day.
- Thanks to Bridie Kirwan and the Ministers of the Eucharist and Word and Margaret Hughes for setting up the Altar.
- Thanks also toCouncillor Wayne Harding for his help arranging the Meath county council to cut the grass in the cemetery and Michael for getting us extra bins.
- Finally we sincerely thank Scupps Whyte and JJ Gilroy for all their help and advice over the years.
Adoration in Stamullen will take place every Thursday following 10 am Mass, until 11 am. Adoration will resume after summer recess in September.
12 Hour Online-TV Celebration of the Life and Legacy of Mother Teresa: An all-day online TV celebration of the life of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta will be held on Saturday, September 3rd 2016, the day before her canonisation.
If you have a special memory of Mother Teresa which you would like to share, please get in touch as soon as possible. If you’re a poet, song-writer, choir member or musician we’d love to hear from you also. Our cameras will be in over 10 different Catholic Cathedrals and Parish locations throughout the UK and Ireland. The day will be filled with three Masses, choirs, and guests, all focusing on the life and legacy of Mother Teresa. Watch the celebration live on www.heavensroadfm.com/mtc.
The Golden Girls
Our trip to Malahide Castle is on the 21st July, bus leaving Stamullen at 11.30 am returning around 6pm for our meal in Whytes. (Non ‘Golden Girl’ members very welcome to join us).
We are now into our 3rd year and new members always welcome. We meet on Monday morning at 11am in the parish hall. Come along and join us……..
Stamullen Road Club
Club results: Sunday at Moynalty GP – Craig Sweetman (7th), Arek Klus, (2nd) in Senior A2 Race .
Monday: Mark Mullen Memorial League – Arek (2nd)
Tuesday: Swords Summer League: Arek (2nd)
Fixtures: Sunday – Brendan Campbell Memorial Races at Donore, Drogheda. Underage at 11:45 and Senior at 2pm.
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
- Div 1 ‘A‘ League on Saturday,15th July at GAA Grounds, Stamullen at 7pm. St. Patrick’s v Seneschalstown.
- Ladies Junior A Football Championship on Monday,17th July at 8pm in Bellewstown. St. Patrick’s v Duleek/ Bellewstown.
- Under 12 Boys, Wednesday, 20that 7pm at GAA Grounds Stamullen V St. Peter’s Dunboyne.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 12/07/2016. No winner. Numbers drawn:9,15,26,27. Weekly winners: Frances Fitzpatrick, Robert O’Hanlon, Fiona McDonald, Michelle McKiernan, Ian Farrell. Next Crossbar draw: July 26th – €1000. Next Draw: €6,900.
Stamullen Tidy Towns
- Congratulations and thanks to all who walked/ran our 10km beach walk along the Meath coastline from the Mornington Tower to Delvin Bridge on Sunday last.
- A great day was had by all, despite the strong head wind on the beach, and thankfully the rain held off. The steam tractor and trailer leading us up the village after the event was a real delight and the food in Whyte’s was delicious with nice music to help us relax after the exertion.
- Many thanks to everyone who took part and all those that gave donations, especially Brendan Battersby for his continued support of the Tidy Towns. Thanks also to St. Pat’s GAA, Star of the Sea running club and the soccer club for their participation. (Perhaps we’ll get a inter club competition going next year!!) A total of €1,140 has been collected and we greatly appreciate everyone’s support.
- Urgent ‘tidy towns’ help is required at the moment and anyone with an hour or two to spare could you please contact any member of the committee and we will set up a rota for people who can provide occasional help.
- Weekly village tidy takes place every Saturday. Meet at Stamullen Church at 11.
Bellewstown Belles – Ladies Golf Society
Bellewstown Belles are now seeking new members, beginners welcome. Come and join us from 7-8pm Wednesdays for introduction to golf. Please contact Catherine on 086-8954334.
Irish Guide Dogs Association – Collection
Irish Guide Dogs Association have been granted a Garda permit to collect outside Stamullen and Julianstown churches on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th of July.
All collectors are volunteers and all moneys goes directly to Irish guide dogs for the blind to train more guide dogs for blind people and more assistance dogs for families who have a child with autism. Thank you in advance for your support.
Gormanston Beach Clean-up
Please note beach clean-up sessions for the Holiday Season 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month at 7pm. Meet at Delvin River Viaduct. Clean up generally runs from the Delvin River’s Bremore Beach to Ben Head cliffs. All equipment supplied in co-operation with Meath County Council.
An Post Meath Heritage Cycle Tour
The An Post Meath Heritage Cycle Tour will be held on 23rd & 24th July. The 11km family spin will take place on Saturday 23rd at 5pm. Register on the day from 2pm. €3 per person. The 50km, 100km & 160km distances are all taking place on Sunday, 24th. Registration: Early bird is available until 14th July, closes 20th July. Check out www.meathsports.ie for further details or contact Meath LSP at 046-9067337.