Sunday, 19th February 2017
R. I. P.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the soul of Seamus McAuley, Cock Hill Road, whose funeral took place during the week. We remember the bereaved in our prayers.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 730.00
Envelopes Stamullen € 405.00
Envelopes Julianstown € 315.00
Annual Ten Week Draw
The first draw took place last Sunday after 10 am Mass in Stamullen and will finish on Easter Sunday, 16th April. All welcome to pop in.
Congratulations to our Winners: €300: John Andrews (Christy Moore), €100: A & G White (Paudge Moore), €50: Edward Connolly (Mary Davitt), and Promoter Tosh Murphy….
Thanks again to our promoters and all who are taking part in the draw …
If you would like to be included in the draw, please call in any Sunday morning or contact Carol at the Parish Office.
I am considering the possibility of organising a Parish Pilgrimage to Rome & Assisi this Summer, if we have sufficient numbers.
I would hope to travel in mid June (subject to change).
At this stage, to get an idea of numbers involved, parishioners are invited to contact the Parish office to register their interest. (Registering your interest will not imply commitment).
Sacraments in the Parish in 2017
- Confirmation Ceremonies will take place on Wednesday, 29th St. Patrick’s NS at 11 am and Whitecross NS at 3 pm.
- First Communion ceremonies will take place in Church of the Immaculate Conception, Gormanston at 11 am on 6th May (St. Patrick’s NS) and Mary’s Church, Julianstown on 13th May (Whitecross NS).
We ask parishioners to pray for these children, and children who attend schools outside the parish, as they prepare for these important steps in their faith journey.
First Communion / Confirmation preparation
- The next Do This In Memory (DTIM) Masses for children preparing for First Communion will take place on Saturday, 4thMarch at 6 pm in Stamullen (St. Patrick’s NS) and 7pm in Julianstown (Whitecross NS).
All welcome to spend some time in silent prayer before the Blessed Sacrament any Thursday in Stamullen from 10am to 5pm and through the day in Julianstown on Wednesday from 9 am and continuing after 10 am Mass.
The True Light Prayer Group
If you who have a desire to seek God in His word and in prayer why not come along to our Prayer Meeting on Tuesdays from 8-9.30pm in the Parish Centre, Stamullen. Join us for prayer, praise and scripture. All welcome, bring a friend.
A retreat for women, organised by the Legion of Mary and preached by Fr. Eamonn O’Driscoll OFM, will take place Saturday 4th March in the Parish Centre, Trim from 10am – 5pm. Theme: “If only you knew the gift of God.” Cost: €10 also includes refreshments and light lunch. For booking contact Keith Kavanagh on 0868899123.
Special Knock Pilgrimage
A special pilgrimage to New York from Knock will take place from 8th-14th May this year. Flying directly from Ireland West Airport to JFK, the pilgrimage offers the chance to be part of a memorable and historic trip. The Itinerary includes a Requiem Mass on Saturday 13th at Old St. Patrick’s Cathedral for the re-internment of the remains of John Curry, the youngest of the Knock witnesses which will be celebrated by His Eminence Cardinal Dolan. Contact Joe Walsh Tours on 01-2410800 or email email@example.com. (See church notice board for more information).
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 14/02/2017. No winner. Numbers drawn:7,22,24,28. Weekly Winners: Kit White, Michael Murray, Clare & Sebastian, Robert Purfield, James & Ivan Ryan. Next Jackpot: €3,600. Next Crossbar Draw 28th February: €1000
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
- Div 1 ‘A‘ League on Saturday, 18thFebruary in Ashbourne at 7pm.Donaghmore/Ashbourne v St. Patricks.
- 2. Membership of St. Patrick’s GAA Club is now open for 2017. Membership Forms are available at the Club reception and the RegistrarBrendan Byrne is available most Saturday mornings at the Club for anyone wishing assistance with same.Membership is also available on line via the club website : Stpatricksgaameath.com
- Social Dancing next Friday night, 24thFebruary at St. Patrick’s GAA Club from 9–12 pm. Music on the night by Unity. Admission €10 which includes light refreshments.
Skerries Community College Parents Association have invited Mr. Pat Mc Kenna to talk to parents about Cybersafety in the school on Wednesday 1st March, Pat works with Childwatch.ie and is an amazing speaker in the area of Cybersafety / Cyberbullying. This is such an important topic for every family. Tickets tickets are €5 each and are available from Skerries Book Shop and the School office.
Make-A-Wish Ireland Wish Day: Volunteers needed
Make-A-Wish® Ireland has one simple aim: We grant the wishes of children aged between 3 and 17 years living with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy and create extraordinary memories for them and their families. Volunteers are needed for Wish Day, our annual fund-raising day, on Friday 31st March 2017.
There are a number of ways you could get involved and support us:
* select a location nearby and volunteer to sell our badges there for the day
* hold a coffee morning or bake sale in aid of Make-A-Wish
* hold a Jersey Day or a similar themed day in aid of Make-A-Wish
Money raised on the day goes to continuing to grant wishes to our brave wish children.
If you can commit to the full day or even a few hours selling our bands, please visit www.makeawish.ie to register online at one of our collection points, or contact Emma Horgan firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-2052012 for more details.
On behalf of everyone at Make-A-Wish; our wish children and their families, thank you for your support, we really do appreciate it.