Sunday 1st March 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) HSE Guidelines
In relation to the Coronavirus we have established the following temporary policies for the parish:
- Shaking of hands at sign of peace is suspended.
- Holy Water fonts will be out of use for the time being.
- Ministers of the Eucharist receiving from the Chalice is suspended.
- It is strongly recommended that all members of the faithful who receive communion will receive on the hand.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will consider implementing more measures should the need arise.
Please see noticeboards in both churches for the HSE Coronavirus guidance for religious services Document.
An extra Mass will be celebrated at 7 pm every Wednesday in Stamullen Church during the season of Lent.
This will provide an opportunity for those who work office hours to participate in the sacrament and to fulfil a Lenten duty.
First Friday Calls
First Friday calls will take place next Friday, 5th March February.
If parishioners know of anyone who would like Fr. Declan to call to them, or, if you know of anyone in hospital who would welcome a visit by Fr. Declan please contact the Parish Office.
- We welcome the children from Whitecross school who are attending 7pm Mass on Saturday in preparation for their First Communion on Saturday, 16th
The next D.T.I.M. Masses will take place on Saturday, 28th March at 7 pm and the Feast of Corpus Christi, Sunday, 14th June at 11:30 am
- Children from St. Patrick’s NS are invited to attend 6 pm Mass on Saturday, 28th March and 10 am on the Feast of Corpus Christi, Sunday, 14th
First Communion Ceremony for children from St. Patrick’s NS will take place on Saturday, 25th April.
Sacraments in the Parish: Baptism
Last weekend we welcomed in Baptism: Kian Cooley
May all newly baptised children always know and love Jesus as their friend. We ask parishioners to pray for Kian and his family.
Fund Raising Committee: Ten Week Draw
Week Three Prize Winners:
1st Prize: Jennifer Berrill (Bridie Kirwan), 2nd Ivan Curran (Pauline Clarkin), 3rd Patrick Clarke (Mary Clarke), 4th Sarah O’Neill (Rita Gilligan) and Promoter: Kay Tobin.
If you would like to be included in the Draw please contact a promoter, or the parish office. We would like to thank all our promoters.
Prizes: 1st: €250, 2nd: €100, 3rd: €50, 4th: €50 and promoter’s Prize €50.
All very welcome to call in any Sunday morning after 10 am Mass in Stamullen.
Supporting the Parish
Total Offertory: € 825.00
Weekly Envelopes: Stamullen € 420.00
Julianstown: € 280.00
Trócaire Boxes are available in both churches.
Would you like to spend an hour with the Lord!
- Adoration in Stamullen takes place after 10 am Mass every Thursday until 5 pm. If you would like more information, please contact Teresa on 087-6757581 or Sheila on 086-058580.
- Adoration in Julianstown takes place on Wednesdays from 9 am, finishing at 6 pm. For more information, please contact Josephine on 086-8148722.
Make a Wish Day 2019
Johnny McQuillan and family are holding the Annual ‘Wish Day’ Cake Sale in the Parish Centre, Stamullen on the weekend of 14th and 15th March. The cake sale is taking place in the parish rooms before and after masses on Saturday and Sunday on 14th and Sunday, 15th March.
If you would like to donate cakes, which would be very much appreciated, please contact Johnny.
Flower Society Stamullen Annual Collection
The Stamullen Flower Society will hold their annual collection and at Masses over the weekend of Saturday, 14th and Sunday, 15th March.
This collection will support the continued supply of fresh flowers in Stamullen church throughout the year. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
Stamullen Road Club
Early season events begin soon.
St. Patrick’s Club – Lotto
Drawn on 25/02/2020. Numbers drawn: 2,9,12,18. Weekly Winners: Karl Leonard, Maeve Corrigan, Anne Reddy, Mary Brangan, Collette Collier. Next week’s Jackpot: €8,100.
St. Patrick’s GF & HC – Club News
- ‘B’ League Div. 1 B takes place on Saturday, 29th February at 6pm @ GAA Grounds Stamullen. St. Patrick’s v St. Michael’s.
- Ladies Senior League takes place on Sunday, 1st March at GAA Grounds Stamullen at 6pm. St. Patrick’s v Moylagh.
- Minor Hurling League Div. 2 takes place on Wednesday, 4th March at 7.30pm at GAA Grounds Stamullen. The Saints (St. Patrick’s/St. Colmcille’s) v Kilmessan
- Under 13 Intercounty Hurling League takes place on Saturday, 7th March at 1pm at GAA Grounds Stamullen. St. Patrick’s/ St. Colmcille’s v Na Fianna (Wexford).
- Membership of St. Patrick’s GAA Football & Hurling/ Ladies Football is now open for 2020. Anyone wishing to join can call to Club or see the Registrar regarding same.
Gormanston Beach Clean Up
The next Clean-up of Gormanston Beach will take place at 10 am at Delvin River Viaduct on Saturday, 7th March.
Clean up generally runs from the Delvin River’s Bremore Beach to Ben Head cliffs. All equipment supplied in co-operation with Meath County Council
Stamullen Bowls Club
Why not come along any Tuesday or Thursday from 8 to 10 pm to St. Patrick’s GAA Centre and see if bowls is for you?
Stamullen is proud to have a very successful club and we look forward to meeting new members. For more information contact Rose on 01-8412086
Meath Befriending Service
Volunteers wanted to visit lonely, isolated people in their homes for one hour per week. Contact Eva at 046-9280790 or email email@example.com.
St. Patrick’s Church, Stamullen
Saturday, 29th 6:00 pm Oliver Smyth (39 Ann)
Sunday, 1st March 10:00 am Marie Moran (2 Ann)
Tom & Mavis Reilly
John & Bridget Maguire, Noeleen Dennehy
and Baby Noah
Patrick McAuley (3 Ann)
Tuesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Wednesday 7:00 pm Lenten Mass
Thursday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Saturday, 7th 6:00 pm Tom Stack
Sunday, 8th 10:00 am Pat & Kathleen Davitt
and deceased members of the Davitt family
St. Mary’s Church, Julianstown
Saturday, 29th 7:00 pm DTIM First Communion classes from Whitecross NS will attend
Joseph & Winifred Sullivan and their son Joe
James, Mary & Gerry Brennan and John Sullivan
Sunday, 1st March 11:30 am Jim Lenehan (MM)
Rose, Martin & Seamus Rowley
Wednesday 10:00 am Celebrant’s Intention
Friday 10:00 am List of the Dead
Saturday, 7th 7:00 pm
Sunday, 8th 11:30 am Declan Brennan (MM)