Sunday, 21st June 2020
|Fr. Declan Kelly P.P.
|Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Sunday, 21st June 2020
|c/o Secretary: Carol
- Mass is being celebrated every Sunday from Preston Hill is at 11am on Youtube. If you wish to join me, you can Like and subscribe to:
You can also click the link at the bottom left corner of the parish webpage: sjparish.ie
- If you wish to have an anniversary Mass offered on Sunday on Youtube, or daily, please contact 01-8412647.
This Sunday, 21st June Mass will be offered for:
Tom Squires (1st Anniversary)
Dora, Peg and Jack Devin
Next Sunday, 28th June Mass will be offered for:
Deceased members of the Lappin family and extended Family members
Deceased members of the Connolly family and Anne Merlehan
Paddy & Bridgid Flood and Alice & Billy Harding
John (Jack) Rothwell (1st Anniversary)
- Mass is being offered from the Oratory at Preston Hill every day.
We remember Michael (Mick) McLoughlin, whose funeral takes place in Stamullen this weekend. We offer our condolences to the bereaved who will be remembered in our prayers.
Bishops issue guidelines on returning to public worship
The Irish Bishops Conference has issued guidelines to parishes across Ireland on the initial steps they need to take to enable them return to the celebration of the sacraments and to ensure that those in attendance are protected.
With these in mind we can advise that:
Daily Masses will resume on Tuesday, 30th June in Stamullen at 10 am and, following the normal schedule, on Wednesday, 1st July at 10 am in Julianstown. Daily masses will be celebrated in the main Churches, and not the day chapels, in order to maintain social distancing.
Weekend Masses: For operational reasons Sunday masses will not resume until the weekend of 11th July.
Nevertheless, a number of directives will apply for all Masses:
- A one-way system of entry and exit will be put into operation.
- In order to maintain distance, it will be necessary to rail off seats which means that our capacity in both churches will be greatly reduced.
- There will be no collection during Masses. People are asked to place envelopes in collection boxes which will be available as they leave the church.
- People who are vulnerable or unwell should stay at home and, if possible, participate via YouTube.
- We will decide on the safest way to distribute Holy Communion during the week.
- For convenience we will continue to broadcast all Masses via YouTube as long as the present situation demands.
- Many parishioners may wish to attend Mass on a week-day rather than at weekends. Attendance at Mass during the week will fulfill the Sunday Obligations.
- Churches will be sanitized after all public gatherings and seating positions will be marked clearly.
- We ask people to arrive early for Mass to avoid congestion at church doors. Stewards will be in position to point people in direction of sitting. (Please follow the instructions of the stewards in this regard).
- Declan will wear a mask for the distribution of communion, as will the Eucharistic Ministers.
- Products for hand sanitisation will be provided at the entry and exit points of both churches.
Thank you for your support and help with implementing these guidelines. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
We welcome volunteers to act as stewards to direct the congregation in regard to the new guidelines. This would be important for the first few weeks until everyone is familiar with the new directives. We also welcome volunteers to help with sanitising the Church after Masses. Please contact us at 01-8412647 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates for First Holy Communion
We will be discussing dates for the First Communion Ceremonies during the week.
Thanks to all who continue to drop weekly envelopes to the church/parochial house or into the candle shrines in both churches and by standing order and/or bank transfer. Your support is very much appreciated.
If you wish to contribute to the church by bank transfer, you can e-mail your request to the Parish at email@example.com and we will contact you.
Moorechurch & Kilsharvan Cemeteries
Cemetery Sunday is due to take place in Moorechurch Cemetery on Sunday, 5th July.
In compliance with Government guidelines regarding mass gatherings, and on the instructions of Bishop Tom, regretfully our annual Mass is cancelled. Blessing of Graves in Kilsharvan Cemetery is also cancelled.
On that particular Sunday, I will offer Mass on Youtube for all those buried in both Moorechurch and Kilsharvan Cemeteries and for the bereaved. At that Mass water will be blessed, and the cemeteries will be blessed with this water during the week.
- Mass will be offered on Youtube at a later date for the deceased in St. Patrick’s Cemetery, Stamullen.
Father’s Day, Sunday 21st June
God our Father,
We give you thanks and praise for fathers young and old.
We pray for young fathers, newly embracing their vocation; May they find courage and perseverance to balance work, family and faith in joy and sacrifice.
We pray for Fathers around the world whose children are lost or suffering; May they know that the God of compassion walks with them in their sorrow.
We pray for men who are not fathers but still mentor and guide us with fatherly love and advice.
We remember fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers who are no longer with us but who live forever in our memory and nourish us with their love.
The Sunday Newsletter can be found on the Parish Website (sjparish.ie)